Duplicate authors can cause issues linking authors and content on your connected CEO Front End site. It may lead to problems displaying author pages and proper attribution.
Features of an author:
- Name - Author's name
- Slug - Used when generating URLs and standardized requests. Slugs must be unique
- Status - Inactive authors are hidden when searching for and adding authors to content.
- Tagline - Short description of author or position.
- Description - Author biography.
- Meta Properties - Used for extra author information, like head shot and social media links.
Author meta properties allow you to add extra, unstructured information to author bios. CEO also has a few builtin meta property handlers in CEO Front End, including:
photo- A URL for the author's head shot.
Updating author bios and head shots
CEO uses meta properties to provide the information to the front end system for extra biographical information including head shots and social media profiles.
Upload head shot to CEO
Upload your head shot to CEO and locate the "Preview URL":
Link head shot in meta properties
Click the link and copy the resulting URL:
Then insert that into your author's meta data using the